Skip to main content

Richard Mofe Damijo: My Daughter Made Me Go From 127kg To 97kg





Nollywood icon and Delta State Commissioner for Culture and Tourism, Richard Mofe Damijo aka RMD lost some weight, and there had been stories of him being very ill and all the likes. He, however dismissed the report and said he is very well and even in best of health. In a recent interview with the Sunday Sun, he explained in details how he came about the weight-loss that is trending on social media recently.





“I woke up one morning, to be precise May 9th last year, and I weighed 120kg. I said this cannot go on. Neither of my parents crossed 60kg. I thought it would be sinful for me to keep eating and putting on weight and living an unhealthy life. 

I decided to just change my lifestyle. I didn’t diet, what I’m doing now is not dieting. I hate to use the word diet because when you say you are dieting you have to stop at one point. What I did was to change my lifestyle.


“What I did was to get somebody who knows about food. A lot of people don’t succeed when they diet because they don’t understand food. They diet, they drink a lot of shakes, tablets and all of that and after a month they become bigger than they were. 

What I did was very simple. It’s all about knowing the kind of food you eat and what it contains. I have a daughter (Onome) from my late wife, who is obsessed with calories, weight gain and weight loss. She was with me all through Christmas and New Year. She’s 26. I love what I do now; I just eat well and exercise.


“I feel lighter, but there are lots of people who feel I am too slim now. It’s about how I feel inside. I’m at my best physically. I have never felt better. I feel lighter, I don’t suffer indigestion. Now I weigh about 97kilos.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WASIU AYINDE BIGGEST SPENDER, RILWAN ALESINLOYE[ALESH] GOES UNDERGROUND?

It is doubtful if anyone who is conversant with the happenings in the social circle can claim ignorant of Rilwan Alenshiloye, famously called Alesh. Rilwan is married to Sade Aleshinloye, also a socialite and businesswoman.

THE YOUNGEST COVICTED MURDERER IN THE UNITED STATES WILL WALK FREE FOR THE FIRST TIME AFTER 18 YEARS IN PRISON

The youngest convicted murderer in the United States will walk free from prison for the first time since he was 12 years old in less than two weeks.

Married Woman Caught Doing Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel [Photos]

A married woman has bitten more than she can chew and her marriage is now on the brinks after a member of her husband's family caught her red handed with her husband's friend in one of the cheap hotel in town.